- Set your goals – what’s the purpose of this campaign? Think about the gains you would like to see from running it. Is it to engage your audience, drive traffic to a particular place, or action? Is it to increase sales revenue? Be specific as you can.
- Choose your channels – Don’t just choose a channel like Facebook because it’s the biggest social networking platform. Think about who you’re reaching, and where they may be. Marketing to everyone will get you nowhere.
- Create your content – value matters so make it count. Get creative and depending on your audience and goals you might want to consider the style of your content. Make sure it adds value to your target consumer in some way.
- Amplify – consider if this is right for your brand, but make the most of your campaign by using social media influencers on the platforms you decide to target. Of course, make sure they are a good fit with your brand, but if your budget allows for this, then this is a powerful tip to heed.
- Paid social – there is no getting away from this if you want serious results on social media, but there are great affordable opportunities to play around with if you don’t have much of a budget for this. A small investment can boost your traffic, leads and with your campaign make it scalable.
- Collect analytics – here want to look at the numbers, but also the quality of the campaign performance. How did your users interact with your content, and did they take the action? Have you reached those all important goals you set at the beginning?
- Follow-up – What will you do to follow up on the success? Don’t let this be a one hit wonder, but look for lessons you can learn from the campaign and ways you can capitalise or reward those who took the action you wanted in some way. Social media marketing is a moving target so have fun, be authentic and always look for ways to add value to your end consumer.